- Make sure that the ladder is placed at right angles from the work.
- Never stand at the top platform in the ladder – this was designed to hold your equipment and tools and not for standing.
- If you need to work over head make sure that you don’t over reach.
- Ensure that the stay chains happen to be in good conditions and equal in length – if they are broken they should be renewed before you use the ladder.
Here’s a quick checklist for the safe use of any type of ladder:
- Make sure that the ladder is undamaged and then in good condition
- Make sure that the ladder will be the right height for the job under consideration
- Wear flat shoes with good soles
- Make sure that the steps of the ladder are free and clean from oil and grease
- Make certain that all four feet of the step ladder are saved to a non-slip surface
- Do not over-reach
- Have a good grip of the ladder with your free hand when possible
- Place the front feet of the step ladder against a wall for added security if at all possible
- Ensure that the ladder is over a level and firm base
To find the perfect ladder for your needs check out thediyoutlet.com.